The newest version of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition brought us some major changes. One of them is log files locations. In Oracle BI 11g we could find them in those folders of our instalation:
- Upgrade logs – Middleware\Oracle_BI1\upgrade\logs
- Admin Server logs – <FMW_HOME>\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain\servers\AdminServer\logs
- Managed Server logs – <FMW_HOME>\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain\servers\bi_server1\logs
- BI Server logs – <FMW_HOME>\instances\instance1\diagnostics\logs\OracleBIServerComponent\coreapplication_obis1
- Presentation Server logs – <FMW_HOME>\instances\instance1\diagnostics\logs\OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent\coreapplication_obips1
Unfortunately (or fortunately ;)) in OBIEE 12c we can find it in different directiories. As all of them are stored in one master location, for me personally it makes it easier to find them and to remember those folders.
The main direction with all logs is now <FMW_HOME>/user_projects/domains/bi/servers/…. and there we can find specific logs:
- AdminServer logs – <FMW_HOME>/user_projects/domains/bi/servers/AdminServer/logs
- bi_server1 logs – <FMW_HOME>/user_projects/domains/bi/servers/bi_server1/logs
- Presentation Server logs – <FMW_HOME>/user_projects/domains/bi/servers/obips1/logs
- JavaHost logs – <FMW_HOME>/user_projects/domains/bi/servers/obijh1/logs
- Cluster Components logs – <FMW_HOME>/user_projects/domains/bi/servers/obiccs1/logs
- Scheduler Server logs – <FMW_HOME>/user_projects/domains/bi/servers/obisch1/logs
In case your instance has additional concurrent processess (for example duplicates of Presentation Server or Scheduler Server), then you will see more folders with consecutive numbers, e.g.
- 2nd Presentation Server logs – <FMW_HOME>/user_projects/domains/bi/servers/obips2/logs
- 2nd Scheduler Server logs – <FMW_HOME>/user_projects/domains/bi/servers/obisch2/logs
If you have additional questions – feel free to contact me.